Flat roofs are one of the most durable roofs, they are found on top of commercial buildings. However, they can be used on homes as well as business structures. One of the greatest quality of a flat roof is they are created from material that is durable and can last for several years. While most roofing will last ten to twenty years with proper maintenance flat roofs in St. Augustine can last for thirty years. It can be a little expensive to have a roof replaced on top of a structure, you can make the investment more affordable by selecting a roof that can withstand the harsh environment that it is placed under.
Tips on Maintaining Your Roof Top
- You want to prevent ponding on your roof, this is when water from snow or rain accumulates on top of the roof. If you notice ponding on your roof, you should quickly try to disperse any water that has collected and call in a professional to help solve the problem.
- You should often check the surface of the roof for any weak spots that could quickly turn into leaks. If these leaks are ignored, you could find yourself with a more serious problem.
- Make sure the flashings are not damaged or corroded, you want to make sure the metal that is used is in top shape to help protect the structure of the roof top.
- You can have a professional come in to search for leaks with thermal imaging. They will be able to detect the cool and hot spots on the roof that will leave it vulnerable.
- Every ten years or so, you should have an expert to come out and provide a sealing to the roof. Sealing can help prevent the roof from cracking or the seams splitting over the harsh environment that it has been exposed to.
From Repairs to Replacement Call in a Trustworthy Roofing Company
Whether you own a home or business, when you purchase the structure it can be one of the largest investments you will make in a lifetime. You want to take every measure that you can to help protect your investment. A reputable company has the skilled professions that you need to help find a solution to your roofing problems. They will inspect your roof and provide you with the information that you need to determine the right plan of action.