If you’re doing a kitchen remodel in Glendale, then many of your biggest decisions will revolve around what to do with your kitchen cabinets. Take a look at these trends to see which ones meet your needs, lifestyle and budget…
Custom Kitchen Cabinets in Glendale
If you’re opting to install custom kitchen cabinetry, then you’ll be excited to know about all the new trends in cabinetry. For example:
- Utilize small spaces. In years past, small spaces wouldn’t be utilized, and instead there would be a false cupboard installed for decorative purposes. Today, those who’re installing custom kitchen cabinets in Glendale make use of these small spaces, such as using a narrow area to store cookie sheets.
- Install special features. When you purchase stock cabinets, you usually get standard drawers for utensils. When you opt for custom kitchen cabinetry, you can install special features such as warming drawers and drawers.
White and Gray Cabinets
White cabinets are making a comeback in every kitchen from cottage style to French country to modern designs. However, gray cabinetry is quickly closing in as a top color choice, since it is a neutral tone that fits into most any décor.
Mix and Match
Gone are the days when you see a solid row of matching cabinets. That’s because today’s homeowner isn’t necessarily looking for uniformity when they install custom kitchen cabinets in Glendale. Instead, they’re mixing and matching in a variety of creative ways.
- Different doors. Many homeowners are installing cupboard with a variety of doors. These doors may include traditional solid wooden doors, transparent glass doors to showcase special china, and frosted glass doors for visual interest. Some people are also opting to remove the doors off some of the cabinets to create unique shelving.
- Different colors. Another trend is to paint some of the cabinets a different color. For example, perhaps most of your cabinets are a neutral color, such as white or gray. You may opt to add a splash of color to your kitchen by painting some of the cabinets a different color. It’s the same idea as creating an accent wall, except here you’re adding the design accent on the cabinetry.
- Different materials. Another trend for custom kitchen cabinets is to mix and match materials. For example, the box of your cabinet may be made from one type of wood, while the door could be made of another. The differing materials break up the monotony and create visual interest.
Yet another trend for kitchen remodeling in Glendale is to install stylish hardware on the cabinets. Even if you’re not installing new cabinets this year, you can still jump on this trend by swapping out the hardware. Look for interesting materials that complement your décor, such as bronze drawer pulls.